Product: Printer problem - Error message
First of all, find out if everyone using this printer is having a problem or if
you are the only one.It is likely that thereis either something wrong with the printer,
there is a network problem,it is a problem with your PC, your connection to the
network (or printer) or a problem with the application or file you are working with.
Errors on the Printer Display
Most networked printers will have a display that will tell you its status.
Turn the printer on.
Press the Go
button. If this does not change the
printer display to Online, then power the printer off for 1 minute and then turn
it back on. Paper Jam:
- Open the doors and remove any paper, being careful not to tear it and lose pieces
inside. Paper may also be lodged under the toner cartridge so you may have to pull
the toner out.
- If you believe you have removed the paper but the display still says Paper Jam,
power the printer off for 1 minute and turn it back on.
- If the jam is severe, an IT Services technician can help remove the jam. Contact
your printer brand Help Desk.
IO or Other Error
- If the printer displays Processing Job but nothing is printing the job may just
be really large and taking a while to print.
- If it has not printed after 5 minutes, press the Cancel Job button on the printer.
- If the job will not cancel, power the printer off for 1 minute and turn it back
Most IO errors will be cleared by powering the printer off for 1 minute and turning
it back on. You may also need to check to make sure the network cable on the printer
is plugged securely into the printer and into the network jack on the wall.
Add paper to the appropriate tray.
Most personal deskjet, ink jet and bubble jet printers
will have flashing light codes to tell you what is wrong. These differ from manufacturer
to manufacturer and also from model to model. Consult your manual or manufacturer's
web site. In case of any problem, call the printer company’s help desk or relevant