If you own a Brother DCP
or Brother MFC printer
, you probably use the LC61
ink cartridge. But if you’ve had trouble installing it, follow these simple steps:
1) Close the printer’s document tray.
2) Lift the top cover.
3) Pull the ink cartridge hook toward you and remove the existing ink cartridge.
4) Take the Brother LC61 cartridge and remove the yellow tape from the cartridge front.
5) Insert the Brother LC61 into the empty slot, with the arrows facing skyward. Insert in the right direction, until the cartridge hook snaps into place. Listen for a click, you may need to push firmly.
6) Close the printer top cover.
And that’s it! Your Brother LC61 cartridge is now correctly installed. Your PC may verify that the replacement cartridge is new – if so, press 1 on your printer’s dial pad. If not – press 2. After that – you’re ready to print again!