Perhaps one of the biggest problems with having office printers on network is making sure each computer has the correct drivers for the printers. After all, without those drivers people are left staring at their text on the monitor – unable to print the page. And when you're talking about hundreds of people accessing dozens of printers in a corporation, the problem can become epidemic.
Fortunately now Dell
is releasing a download for their newest printers that lets people forgo drivers entirely. Instead, anyone connected to the network can print instantly from any Dell-produced printer; there's no need even for printer queue names and other details. The download is called Dell Proximity Printing
and – best of all – it's available free starting June 8th. It should save office IT managers a lot of headaches.
For more information visit Dell's website. In the meantime, for Dell ink cartridges at the lowest prices, trust Clickinks.com
As we do more, print more and commit to more, productivity is of the utmost concern. The following tips can help you take advantage of your time more effectively, so you can get more done throughout the day.
- Do not wait around twiddling your thumbs. If it takes 10 minutes for a print job to process or your computer to boot up, do something else to fill in the gap.
- Need additional copies? Don’t print one at a time, when you select print choose “Number of Copies” at first click.
- Look at your printer’s default settings, you do not need to print every draft or document on high quality. High quality not only uses more ink, it also takes longer to print.
- If you are printing more than one copy of a multiple page document, check the option to Collate. This keeps each set of pages together, so you do not have to manually sort the pages later.
- How much time do you spend purchasing supplies? Clickinks.com makes every attempt to make ordering ink a quick process, however you will always save time by stocking up. Instead of purchasing 1 black ink cartridge now, 1 magenta cartridge next month, another black ink cartridge the following month and so on, save your self some time and money by purchasing super saver combo packs.
- Prepare by batching tasks. Is there something else you will need to print? Get it done while you are in print mode, especially if you are in a wireless setting where you walk else where to printer.
- Have something on your flash drive, memory card or phone to print? Try a direct route, often you can plug directly into your printer instead of wasting time shuffling the same file via multiple media platforms.
These tips will save you some time, maxing productivity … and who doesn’t need that!
Please share any additional time saving tips you may have with the rest of us ...