Now we don’t want to sound all ‘bah humbug’, but the holiday season is a time when you let your guard down a bit. There are a few more glasses of sherry than usual, there’s goodwill all around and a sense of celebration that makes you more vulnerable than usual. Here are our top tips for looking after your safety, your valuables, your home and your health over the festive period.
On the town
When you’re out celebrating try to make sure you do the following:
- Choose busy routes with good lighting when you’re walking
- Never take your car on a night out when you’ll be drinking – leave the keys at home
- Only use registered taxi firms and keep a number in your purse or wallet at all times
- Wear your bag with the strap across your body
- Know how you’re going to get home at the end of the night.
On your own turf
Home Alone got one thing right; crooks love Christmas. Make sure you take the following steps to stop your gifts from going walkabout:
- Store your presents away from windows and out of view from the street
- Make sure your burglar alarm and outside lighting is in good working order
- Mark any new items with your postcode or take a note of the serial or model number
- Don’t keep your keys near the front door; persistent thieves have been known to hook them out through the letterbox.
One the road
Keep yourself and your wheels out of trouble this year by making sure you:
- Never leave your car unattended while it’s defrosting
- Always keeping your doors and windows locked
- Make sure you keep valuables out of sight, or better still out of your car
- Watch your speed; Christmas roads call for vigilance due to ice patches and over-the-limit drivers.
Have a great Christmas! From everyone at Clickinks.com